While tempted to make a most flattering sequined jumpsuit… I opted to make what I hoped turned out to be a more modern version.
Warning: This is not a tutorial. Not even close.
This project is a mash up of two patterns but one pattern was hacked up almost beyond recognition. Oh the fun! For the bodice, I used Simplicity 2444. Anyone who follows here knows my love affair with this pattern runs deep. Real deep people. This bodice being a tried and true pattern for me made it a perfect start. Besides, if this jumpsuit thing flopped then I could always fall back on making it into a dress.
The pants are this Newlook pattern. I know… the finished product looks nothing like the drawstring pants of the original. This is where I played around and added front pleats and back darts (that are kind of long, I realize..). I tried the two on together and measured what I would need for a waistband…. you know to fill that gap. I used an invisible zip of course because I actually don’t know how to insert a proper lapped zip. There. I said it. I stink at lapped zips.